Sunday, January 16, 2011

GOLDEN GLOBS 201111!!!

No, that won't work. I'll just write so you all come this way, okay?

The primary spectacle two hours in (I missed the first hour anyways) is the ladies. But I keep looking away and missing them.

Robert Downey Jr. rambling about sleeping with the Best Actress nominees... maybe I have a bad sense of humor, but that was funny.

Julianne Moore looked great. Amazing dress.

Jane Fonda looks as old as I do. That's a bit eerie seeing as she's 72. But she sounds EXACTLY like her father when he was eighty. It's uncanny how similar her voice and accent are to his.

What else... Jennifer Lopez or J Lo or whatever they call her- she likes the sixties glam look, doesn't she. It becomes her, but she should go with it and make her eyebrows more dramatic. I doubt they can move anyway, so she can just draw them really high.

I've decided Angelina Jolie is a drip. The camera keeps cutting to her when various presenters make funny jokes and she never lets loose and laughs. She just leans back with this really glossy, styled hair and uses Brad Pitt's shoulder as a prop. She did participate in the mass love-in for Robert DeNiro, mouthing something to him I could not understand.

I've also decided I like Matt Damon. His introduction for Robert DeNiro's lifetime achievement award was perfect: "About five years ago this guy Robert DeNiro asked me to be in his movie. I'd never heard of him but I started asking around. He did a lot of movies!" Yes, really cheeky and funny.

Oh, here is Annette Bening presenting Best Director. Um. Who will it be? The Social Network guy? Darren Aronofsky looks too weird. Yes, I was right! Oh yeah, it was David Fincher. Good call.

No comments:

Post a Comment